Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE ENCHANTED PIG - Following up with Princess Flora

We caught up with Karina Lucas after her latest performance as Princess Flora, the heroine of The Enchanted Pig, and asked her a few questions! (photo by Catherine Ashmore)

New Victory: Where did you grow up?
Karina Lucas: South London


NV: Most memorable theatrical experience as a spectator?
KL: The first opera I ever went to was La Boheme at the Royal Opera House in London. I was enchanted!


NV: Favorite local tradition?
KL: Every Bonfire Night*, my neighbors and I take turns to have a firework display in our gardens.


NV: Favorite local food?
KL: My local Curry House** is amazing!

NV: When you travel, what do you miss most about home?
KL: Definitely my family. Luckily, this time my husband and baby boy Thomas have come with me to New York City.


NV: Favorite local haunt?
KL: As I now have a baby boy, it would have to be the Baby Café opposite my house. Thomas can have fun playing while I enjoy tea and cake.


NV: Favorite saying or slang term?
KL: “Am I bothered!!”


NV: Favorite family activity?
KL: Hiking


NV: If you weren’t a performer, what would you want to do with your life?
KL: Be a treasure hunter


NV: Throughout the show, you wear a pair of iron shoes – If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why?
KL: I would love to think I'm an elegant stiletto, but in fact given the amount of layers I am wearing here in New York, I would have to be a fur lined Ugg boot.



Translating from the British...
*Bonfire Night is celebrated in the UK every November. It commemorates the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, in which English rebels attempted to blow up the House of Parliament, assassinate King James I and restore Catholicism to England.
**The Curry House is a UK based Indian restaurant franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment