Thursday, November 18, 2010

ON THE SPOT with Patrick Lynch




Next up, spotlight on Patrick Lynch from Lyngo Theatre Company. In the midst of the New Vic's three week run of Egg and Spoon, Patrick chatted with us about his hobbies, son Oliver and his Irish parents.

New Victory: Where did you grow up?
Patrick Lynch: Aberdeen, Scotland

NV: Favorite hometown tradition?
PL: Long walks on the beach

NV: Favorite hometown food?
PL: Fish and chips

NV: Favorite hometown haunt?
PL: A place called Cruden Bay. It’s a beach that you have to climb down to so it’s never crowded.

NV: Favorite NYC haunt?
PL: MOMA (The Museum of Modern Art)

NV: When you travel, what do you miss most about home?
PL: My family

NV: Favorite family activity?
PL: Giving my son a bath (he is only 4 months old!)

NV: Most memorable theatrical experience as a spectator?
PL: When I saw Aurelia’s Oratorio with Aurélia Thierrée, directed by Victoria Thierrée Chaplin (Charlie Chaplin’s daughter)

NV: Most memorable theatrical experience as a performer?
PL: When I realized that the technician had put the wrong disc on and I had to do a whole show with completely the wrong music

NV: If you weren't a performer, what would you want to do with your life?
PL: Work at the Large Hadron Collider. (The Large Hadron Collider is in a 27km long tunnel near Geneva, Switzerland. It highly acclerates beams of atomic particles around the chamber and detects their millions of collisions. Scientist identify new particles as they collide, researching deeper into the fundamental structure of the Universe).


NV: Favorite saying or slang term?
PL: Bellissimo!

NV: Something interesting/unique others may not know about you.
PL: I cycled over the Alps with my twin brother.

NV: Do you do anything else to earn a living?
PL: I should but I don’t have time.

NV: What is your educational background? Training background?
PL: M.A. in Psychology and Post Grad in Dramatherapy

NV: What is your cultural heritage? Has it influenced your work, and if so, how?
PL: I come from Irish parents; singing and telling stories have always been a part of my life.

NV: Which 3 people have influenced you the most?
PL: My father Oliver Lynch, Marcello Chiarenza and my son Oliver Lynch

NV: Why do you like performing at the New Vic?
PL: What’s not to like?

Thanks, Patrick! We love having you here. See the trailer for Egg and Spoon and take your little ones to experience this unique piece. Wait lists are available for each sold-out show by calling Ticket Services at 646-223-3010.

1 comment:

  1. His show was terrific - my 3 year old granddaughter was enchanted.

    ReplyDelete