Friday, July 27, 2012

Meet Dannley & Jillian, Summer 2012 Communications Apprentices

The New 42 Apprentice Program creates year-round, paid employment opportunities for diverse groups of high school, college and graduate students across the city. Apprentices are assigned to a department depending on their personal fields of interest and work alongside theater staff and technicians throughout their tenure. They gain first-hand experience in performing arts administration and meet weekly with members of the New Victory Education Department to review the program’s curriculum.

Hello! We’re Dannley and Jillian and we are the summer 2012 Communications Apprentices for the New 42nd Street. We help to monitor the hottest theater topics, follow the latest marketing trends, and maintain the New Vic’s social media accounts. For our first blog we wanted to introduce ourselves and learn a bit more about one another. Check out the blog later this summer when we’ll be writing about New 42 Apprentices, both old and new. If you want to hear more from us before our next blog post check us out on Twitter: @42Apprentice.

Meet Dannley:


1. What school do you attend and what is your major? I attend Long Island University and am majoring in Business Management and Finance.

2. Hometown? Canarsie, Brooklyn

3. What is your favorite class in college so far? I love Finance. It taught me a lot about stocks and how to manage my own money.

4. What is one of your greatest strengths? One of my greatest strengths is the ability to develop an idea into a reality.

5. What does success mean to you in three words? Focus, Perseverance, Commitment

6. If someone gave you a million dollars now, what would be the first, second, and third thing you do? Take out money for my church, put some in a certificate of deposit and buy bicycles for kids in neighborhoods and countries that are in need.

7. What is one of your biggest accomplishments? One of my biggest accomplishments was creating a 50-page intern guide for an internship I had with a marketing firm.

8. What’s your specialty in the kitchen? I know how to cook some good whole wheat pasta with different homemade sauces. 


9. What is your favorite type of ice cream? I love Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Almond Swiss.


10. Have you ever performed on stage? In high school I was in The Sound Of Music, Anything Goes and Bye Bye Birdie.

Meet Jillian:


1. Where do you go to school and what is your major? I attend Mount Saint Mary College and am majoring in Public Relations/Journalism.

2. Hometown? Bay Shore, New York

3. What is your dream job? I think being a Broadway producer would be amazing, but stressful.

4. What do you hope to learn this summer? I really hope to learn how marketing and public relations for a theater differs from other industries.

5. If you had to pick a different career path what would it be? I’d probably want to be a teacher or something to do with fitness.

6. Who/what inspires you? My dad inspires me because of his ability to manage a successful career while keeping a balanced family life at the same time.

7. What is your favorite musical? There are so many I love, but I’d have to say my all time favorites are Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and The Sound of Music.

8. What do you do in your spare time? I love playing tennis. I also like to read, take photos, and try new things.

9. Have you bought anything in the past two days? I bought yoga pants from Target.

10. If you could have lunch with anyone who would it be? I’d love to have tea with the Queen of England and Kate Middleton.










No comments:

Post a Comment