Friday, November 8, 2013

Third-Year Usher Spotlight: Kaylena Gonzalez

All season-long, we’ll be featuring young people from our Usher Corps program in our New Vic Bills and online on the New Victory Blog. This week, we’re thrilled to turn the spotlight onto third-year Usher Kaylena Gonzalez of Cypress Hills.

Who or what inspires you? My mom inspires me because she has always been a trooper. She raised three kids on her own and still owns a house. She is my rock.

What's your fondest or earliest childhood memory? My fondest memory is going camping with my family. We would jump off of the cliffs and dive into the water.

What is/was your favorite subject in school? My favorite subject in school right now is Psychology. I love learning about the different ways people think and why they behave a certain way.

What's your favorite NYC hangout or neighborhood? My favorite place to hangout in NYC is Roosevelt Island because you get to ride the tram over the water and it is an island in the middle of the city. It has a beautiful view. It has everything!

What's your favorite place to eat or grab food near the theater? My favorite place to eat is Hale & Hearty.

What's your secret skill or hidden talent? I write spoken word and I like to act. I can also dance.

If you could go to lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why? I would go to lunch with Justin Timberlake. Not only do I love his music, but he was also my childhood crush!

What are you most proud of? I am most proud of the fact that I’m in college. Not many people in my family have even graduated high school, so to be the one who is in college and on track to graduate makes me very proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment