Friday, January 17, 2014

Third Year Usher Spotlight: Ashley Milutinovic

All season-long, we’ll be featuring young people from our Usher Corps program in our New Vic Bills and online on the New Victory Blog. This week, we’re thrilled to turn the spotlight onto third-year Usher Ashley Milutinovic of Ridgewood, Queens.

What is/was your favorite subject in school?
Art was my favorite class because, besides being in English and being able to write freely, art class gave me the ability to express myself and learn about various techniques and artists. I still love to draw, and my dream job would be anything that has to do with drawing and art.

What's your favorite thing to do when you're not at work?
I like to go spend time with my friends and go wherever the wind takes us, which is usually dinner and a movie.

What's the most challenging thing about being an usher?
The biggest challenge is trying to have a voice when you’re a quiet person. Being an usher helped me find my voice and helped me to not be so shy when talking to new people. Now I enjoy meeting new people and having conversations with them.

What's your favorite place to eat or grab food near the theater?
Cafe O for some yummy salads.

What's your dream vacation?
Going to Greece, because, for one thing, the architecture there is simply amazing. I’d like to just study it or even sit in front of the old temples and draw out what's in front of me

If you could go to lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Banksy. He's the most well-known street artist in the world, and I most definitely want some of my art work on public walls one day.

What are you most proud of?
Graduating high school and seeing my grandfather happy while I was walking across the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment