Friday, February 28, 2014

Third Year Usher Spotlight: Aron Crawford

All season-long, we’ll be featuring young people from our Usher Corps program in our New Vic Bills and online on the New Victory Blog. This week, we’re thrilled to turn the spotlight onto third-year Usher Aron Crawford of Coney Island, Brooklyn.

Can you tell us about what you were like as a kid?
I love sports, and I've always dreamed about playing professional basketball one day. My favorite movie as a kid was Space Jam. One of my favorite memories is winning the championship with my baseball team when I was six-years-old.

How would you describe your personal style?
I like to stick to a classic look. I wear Nike sneakers like Jordans and Lebrons. My style is based off of Kanye West's and Pharrell Williams' style.

What is your favorite thing to do when you're not at work?
I like to play basketball, football and work out when I'm not at the New Victory Theater. I also explore NYC in my free time. My favorite hangout spot is around 14th Street and Union Square. When I have a break at work, I like to get Chinese food at Weng's Palace, near the theater.

What's the most challenging thing about being an usher?
The most challenging thing about being an usher is making sure patrons are happy and enjoying themselves. Being part of the usher corps taught me how to use the skills I already have to enhance the patrons' theater experience.

Is there anywhere you'd like to visit?
My dream vacation would be 6 weeks in Tokyo, Japan.

If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
If I could go to lunch with anybody in the world, I would pick Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert Arenas is my favorite basketball player; I have so many questions I'd like to ask him.

What are you most proud of?
I am proud of my family; all of their accomplishments inspire me to work hard each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment