Friday, April 4, 2014

Third Year Usher Spotlight: Brandon Avery Camer

All season-long, we’ll be featuring young people from our Usher Corps program in our New Vic Bills and online on the New Victory Blog. This week, we’re thrilled to turn the spotlight onto third-year Usher Brandon Avery Camer of Miami, FL.

What was your favorite bok or movie as a kid?
The Goonies is hands-down my favorite movie. "Goonies Never Say Die!"

What is your fondest early childhood memory?
Growing up I always loved watching adventure movies, so one day my best friend and I decided to play out our own adventure in my backyard. Our surroundings were always very dull so we had to imagine that we were in very exotic and exciting places and we took any scraps and items around the house to create things to bring along with us. We would create maps of our "journey," pretend small hills were huge mountains and pretend little puddles were hot lava. Being an only child you tend to have a wild imagination.

How would you describe your personal style?
I never really thought of myself as someone with a "personal style," but coming from Miami, FL I guess I could say most of my wardrobe and clothes definitely have a summer/beachy feel to them.

What's your favorite thing to do outside of work?
I love exploring the city. I've been living here for 4 years now, but I will never get tired of just walking around finding new things to do or places to go.

What is your secret hidden skill or talent?
Not too many people know this about me but I’m actually an expert in drawing mazes, I always had a thing for drawing them growing up and it stuck with me ever since.

What is your favorite song right now?
My favorite song changes about every week, but I guess at this very moment I would definitely say "Blue Ocean Floor" by Justin Timberlake. He's such a great artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment