Friday, December 5, 2014

Third Year Usher Spotlight: Prisila Diaz

All season long, we’ll be featuring young people from our Usher Corps program in our New Vic Bills and online on the New Victory Blog. Earlier this season, the New Victory Usher Corps program won 2014 National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award, so we're thrilled to tell you more about this fantastic group of hardworking young people! Read more about the award here, learn more about the New Victory Usher Corps on our website, or find out how the young people in your life can apply to be a part of this award-winning program!

By Siobhan Santini

This week, we turn the spotlight onto third-year Usher Prisila Diaz, originally from Massachusetts, but now living in Brooklyn, NY! Prisila is very family-oriented and a strong individual. She's always been great at organizing and keeping everything in order. When she first started as an usher with us, she was a shy and quiet person, but now beginning her third year, she started to bloom as a leader. When she isn't at work, she loves hanging out with her nephews, and we love hearing her hilarious stories about them.

Who or what inspires you?
My mother inspires me. She inspires me because she's a strong woman. She raised me on her own and she's always there for me no matter what.

What was your favorite book as a kid?
My favorite book as a kid was The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein.

What was your fondest or earliest childhood memory?
My earliest childhood memory was when I went to Dominican Republic with my whole family on vacation. We were all visiting my great grandmother for her 80th birthday.

What's your favorite thing to do when you're not at work?
My favorite thing to do when I'm not at work is having fun with my nephews. Also, I love just spending time in my neighborhood. I know everybody in my neighborhood, so I'm always having fun.

What's the most challenging thing about being an usher?
The most challenging thing about being an usher is waking up early.

If you could go to lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
If I could go to lunch with anyone, living or dead, it would be my great grandfather because I never met him and my mother always told me how much she learned from him.

What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my family for being by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment