Friday, January 23, 2015

Third Year Usher Spotlight: Maritza Ramos

All season long, we’ll be featuring young people from our Usher Corps program in our New Vic Bills and online on the New Victory Blog. Earlier this season, the New Victory Usher Corps program won 2014 National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award, so we're thrilled to tell you more about this fantastic group of hardworking young people! Read more about the award here, learn more about the New Victory Usher Corps on our website, or find out how the young people in your life can apply to be a part of this award-winning program!

Today we're talking to third-year usher Maritza Ramos, a Bronx native!

Who or what inspires you?
I honestly find my own inspiration through different people I meet and new experiences.

What was your favorite book or movie as a kid?
As a kid, I was addicted to a book series called Junie.B.Jones illustrated by Denise Brunkus. I fell in love with the first book I read and found out there was a series. Every book had a new adventure.

What's your fondest or earliest childhood memory?
My fondest childhood memory, I would have to say, would be all the time I spent with my family--traveling, going places, doing everything as a family. We used to go to a mall out in New Jersey. That was our favorite place to be. It was so much fun.

What is/was your favorite subject in school? Do you have any hidden talents?
My favorite subject in school was Science. Science came easily to me and caught my interest. I was good at it. I shined in that subject. My secret skills are that I sing and I'm a fast learner.

How would you describe your personal style?
With my personal style I mainly dress for comfort. Aside from that, I will wear whatever catches my eye.

What is your favorite thing to do when you're not at work?
When I'm not at work I either like to stay home and relax or just hang out with friends. I don't have a favorite hangout spot. I'm usually open for whatever my friends want to do or where they want to go.

What's the most challenging thing about being an usher?
The most challenging thing about being an usher was just opening up and being comfortable with such a large staff.

What's your dream vacation?
Hawaii is my dream vacation spot. I've heard it's a beautiful place to go on a vacation and I would love to have that experience.

What are you most proud of?
I'm proud of my growth within the last few years. My growth through personal experience. Also The New Vic really taught me about professionalism and being more confident about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment